Tucson Concert Band’s guidelines used for "Hiring" new players:
1. Potential new member expresses interest in joining our group.
2. Conductor is informed.
3. Conductor screens potential new member for prior performing experience via phone call/e-mail. (ex. Someone with no prior musical knowledge, playing experience, or the ability to read music would not be a good potential candidate while someone who reads well and has prior experience performing in a band or orchestra may make an excellent potential candidate, even if some time has lapsed since the person last played with a group).
4. Conductor invites potentially successful candidates to "sit in" with the band and play for a rehearsal.
5. Potential candidate will be seated next to principal player/section leader.
6. Principal players/section leaders will provide feedback to conductor.
7. Conductor makes the final call as to the appropriateness for inviting prospective new members to be included on the "sub-list" or, as openings arise, to invite those who have been through the screening process to participate as regular new members of the band.
Red jacket: Order from Arizona Uniform & Apparel Address: 7660 N Business Park Dr, Tucson, AZ 85743
Phone: (520) 324-0344
White collared dress shirt
Black bow tie
Black shoes (closed toe)
Red polo (see Alysonn Hoffmann or Liz Beaver to purchase yours)